Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for the Children and Young People’s Workforce – Early Years (Management/Advanced Practice) (4227-11/12/90/99)
This qualification is intended for use by senior practitioners, managers, deputy managers and assistant managers who work within early year’s settings including:
• Integrated Children’s Centres
• Approved Home Care
• Out of school settings
• Day Nurseries
• Family Centres
There are two different pathways to this qualification, you will only complete one:
Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for the Children and Young People’s Workforce – Early Years (Management) (4227-11)
Learners must achieve a minimum of 90 credits to achieve this qualification. These are made up of 64 credits from Mandatory Group A, a minimum of 12 credits from Optional Group B and the remaining 14 credits can be taken from Optional Groups B and C.
Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for the Children and Young people’s Workforce – Early Years (Advanced Practice)
Learners must achieve a minimum of 80 credits to achieve this qualification. These are made up of achieve 52 credits from the mandatory Group A, a minimum of 28 credits from optional Group B and C with a maximum of 6 credits from Group C.
Aim and purpose of the qualification
These qualifications are for use in England only. They are designed to guide and assess the development of knowledge and skills relating Children’s care, learning and development including those associated with leading teams and managing resources within an early years setting. This qualification will confer occupational competence to work in a management role.
This qualification has been designed to:
• Extend and enrich learner understanding of the early years sector
• Develop and enhance the practical leadership and management knowledge and skills required to manage change, lead service improvement and to embed best practice models
• Develop higher level thinking skills including reflection and critical analysis
• Encourage learners to value continued learning and remain in the learning process
• Cultivate in-depth knowledge of developmental and learning theory
• Establish good practice and knowledge in relation to needs based assessment and planning