PEARSON Edexcel Level 3 Diploma in Children’s Learning and Development (Early Years Educator)
The Level 3 Diploma for the Early Years Workforce (Early Years Educator) prepares learners to become Early Years Educators, enabling them to work within the childcare sector and work with children from birth to 5 years and gain knowledge of children 0-8years.
This qualification can be carried out as part of an Apprenticeship standard, as well as a stand-alone qualification, depending on the eligibility of the individual learner. The duration of this course is a minimum of 12 months if completing an Apprenticeship.
Opportunities for learners to progress to Foundation/Honours Degrees are available.
Early Years Educator Level 3 Standard
• PEARSON Edexcel Level 3 Diploma in Children’s Learning and Development (Early Years Educator)
• Functional Skills English
• Functional Skills Maths
• First Aid
• Employed as an Apprentice within a Nursery Setting / Pre-School / Infants School.
• End Point Assessment (EPA) – Once the qualification has been completed (a minimum of 12 months is required to complete the qualification) then the apprentice will enter the gateway for the end point assessment. The end point assessment is important as it assesses the apprentice’s occupational knowledge, skill and behaviour. Our Tutors and Assessors prepare our learners for the EPA throughout the qualification to ensure they are competent and ready with regular assessment, professional discussions and sample tests.
Once the gateway is open, the Apprentice has three months to complete the EPA which consists of:
• A Knowledge test – 35 multiple choice questions.
• A Professional Discussion underpinned by the completed portfolio (90 minutes)
The Apprentice will also be required to have two video recordings of their practice in a childcare setting which will be sent to the End Point Assessment Organisation as part of their portfolio.
For further information on the EPA you can visit the institute for apprenticeships and search the End point assessment plan for Early Years Educator apprenticeship standard.
Outcome: Level 3 Qualified (Nursery Practitioner), could progress on to university to do Foundation/Honours Degrees
There are twelve units to complete within the qualification covering a range of topics specific to the childcare industry. A sample of a knowledge assessment can be found below:
Early Years Educator Level 3 standards:
If you would like to look through the Level 3 Diploma for the Early Years Workforce standards to familiarise yourself with the units please click here.